Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My EclipseCon un-schedule: Day 1

This year, I am also not at EclipseCon.
Rather than four days of Eclipse tutorials, talks, BOFs, and high quality chit-chat, I'm getting what should have been springtime in Denmark. Well, it isn't.
My un-schedule for today went like this:
  • 07:00: Why is everybody up now? I'm not running anywhere! Oh, breakfast.
  • 08:00: Traffic Ballroom Z: "Model driving gets kids to daycare" 101, and more.
  • 10:00: Coffee - I get that.
  • 10:30: Managing my small company's general ledger with a cool RCP based ERP (no, that was OOo Calc)
  • 12:00: Lunch and Eclipse smalltalk. Minus Eclipse smalltalk.
  • 13:00: Improvised BOF meeting with other Eclipse contributors people stuck in line in the hardware store.
  • 13:30: Heave 13 sacks (450 kg) of shredded bark mulch into family car. Prepare for contribution as foundation for the coming platform.
  • 15:15: Daily General Meeting with kids being picked up from daycare.
  • 15:30: Check Planet Eclipse for postings on EclipseCon.
  • 16:00: "Introduction to PDE/Build", or make that finally updating my XSL workspace for M5. Noticing how "Project > Cleanup..." is still required for combinations of target, project, and CVS changes.
  • 16:20: Fight against the snow build-up. It's not supposed to snow now that spring was here.
  • 16:30: Check Planet Eclipse again. Hmmm.
  • 18:00: ...
I hope you get the idea... Please enjoy EclipseCon!

1 comment:

Ian Bull said...

Thanks for this post... I see you and I have a similar schedule this week.